Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

After crossing the 5,220-meter-high Gazola Mountain Pass, tourists soon arrive in Tingri County. Tingri County is divided into old and new. Old Tingri was the seat of Dingri County government before 1968, that is, Gangga Township today; while New Tingri has become the political, economic, and cultural center of Tingri County, where tourists basically stop for a short time and which is only 60 kilometers away from Everest Base Camp. As long as the sky is clear, you can see Mount Everest beside the road. Continuing along the China-Nepal Highway for 5 kilometers, you will find the mountaineering checkpoint. On King Kong Mountain, about 7 kilometers northeast of Xiegel Town, there is a Siegel Quad Temple, which was founded in 1385. The current Buddhist temple was rebuilt after the 1980s.

Where is Mount Everest Base Camp?
    Everest Base Camp is either one of two base camps on either side of Mount Everest. South Base Camp is located in Nepal at an altitude of 5,364m and North Base Camp is at 5,5150m in Tibet. To go to the Everest Base Camp, you can start from Kathmandu, the capital of Nepal, or from Lhasa, the city center of the Tibet Autonomous Region. It takes at least 2 days for both places to reach the Everest Base Camp in Tibet.

Distance from Lhasa to Everest Base Camp
    Arriving in Lhasa, it is still far away from the Mount Everest base camp. The straight-line distance from Lhasa to the Everest Base Camp is about 450 kilometers, the driving distance is about 700 kilometers, and the driving time is about 14 hours. Therefore, it usually takes 2 days to reach the Everest Base Camp from Lhasa.

Avatar for arsalan sheikharsalan sheikh
    Participant

A lot of people were traveling on a daily basis because that might be for their business and travel purpose so on. But I was looking for a cheap travel agency in abu dhabi that was the ultimate to open my travel agency in Dubai hope will implement that goal well I’m doing some kind of research on it that I can over it.

Avatar for kathie chasekathie chase
    Participant

While Tibet offers a unique and spiritual journey, Hatta tour package from Dubai presents a contrasting adventure. Amidst Tibet’s stunning landscapes and Buddhist culture, Hatta Tour Dubai delivers exhilarating desert safaris, mountain biking, and exploration of historical heritage. Whether seeking serenity in Tibet or thrills in Dubai, both promise unforgettable travel experiences.

David AustinDavid Austin
    Participant

Thank you for sharing such detailed information about Tingri County and the route to Everest Base Camp. It sounds like a remarkable journey with breathtaking views along the way. Given your knowledge of this region, I was wondering if you could recommend the best area to stay in tangier. I’m planning a trip there and would appreciate any insights or recommendations you might have regarding accommodations or must-see attractions in the area. Thank you in advance for your help!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.